Urgent cases

Anti-HIV medication (PEP)

If you are a man who has sex with men and think you are at risk of contracting HIV, preventative medication is available. This will reduce your chance of becoming infected with HIV, but must be started within three days of exposure. To find your nearest PEP service, visit sxt.org.uk

Emergency contraception

If you've had unprotected sex and think you could become pregnant, then you can visit a clinic or pharmacy to receive emergency contraception (EC). This must be taken within 5 days of having unprotected sex. To find your nearest EC service, visit sxt.org.uk