- Doesn’t interrupt sex
- You don’t need an examination before use
- May reduce heavy or painful periods
- You only need to replace it once a week
- You don’t have to remember to take a pill everyday
- Usually makes periods regular, lighter and less painful
- Fertility returns to normal when removed.
A small sticky patch that sticks to your skin and releases artificial copies of the hormones oestrogen and progesterone which are absorbed through your skin and into your blood stream.They are being increasingly used in the UK, and available for free on the NHS.
Read what other people think of the patch on our contraception forum.
*for typical use (effectiveness for perfect use 99%)