- Easy to use yourself
- Suitable for unplanned sex
- No side effects
- Female condoms help to protect against STIs and pregnancy
- If you're sensitive to the latex used in male condoms you can use female condoms
- Does not require procedure / examination
- Available in different shapes, sizes and flavours.
Condoms are the only type of contraception that protect you against sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Female condoms (often called ‘Femidom’) are made from very thin soft plastic called polyurethane, and are worn inside the vagina to prevent semen getting to the womb.
When used correctly, female condoms protect against pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Read what other people think of female condoms on our contraception forum.
*for typical use (effectiveness for perfect use 95%)