Vasectomy (male sterilisation)
- You don’t have to think about contraception again
- Quick and relatively painless procedure
- No effect on sex drive or ability to enjoy sex
- You will still have an erection and ejaculate normally
- A simpler, safer and more reliable option than female sterilisation.
Vasectomy involves cutting and sealing or tying the tube that carries sperm from the testicles to the penis. Though you will still ejaculate, your semen will not contain sperm. Vasectomy is becoming less common amongst men in the UK as more couples are choosing to have families later in life.
Thinking about a vasectomy? Join the conversation.
Share your story, ask others or tag @Dr_Paula on our contraception forum ThePOW.